Most of the Baltic Triangle is one and two storey industrial units on wide streets. The area was bombed heavily in the Second World War and few of the original warehouses survived, so much of what stands here now went up after 1945 for light industry. Hardly anyone lives on these blocks.
Some older buildings did come through. on Park Lane was built in 1883 and 1884 by W. D. Caröe. It served the Scandinavian sailors and emigrants going through the port. The building is Grade II* listed. The is a pub on Wapping. On a brick warehouse has 1916 in the arch over its loading bay and 1882 on the gable next to it.
Wapping runs along the dock wall on the west side, past Jesse Hartley's 1856 warehouse and the hydraulic tower at . On the east side the Merseyrail line is in a deep cutting between two tunnels at . Liverpool St James station closed there in 1917 and parts of its platforms are still down in the cutting.
Rents were low when the sheds emptied and music and design businesses moved in from the mid 2000s. Baltic Creative was set up in 2009 to buy the buildings its tenants were repairing, and its workshop units on Jordan Street and Brick Street came out of a programme that turned eighteen warehouses into forty four spaces. Camp and Furnace opened on in 2012. Cains stopped brewing on Stanhope Street in 2013 and the site reopened two years later as .



